Thursday, May 12, 2016

How I Learned About the Importance of Home Security

I never thought home security Austin was important before. I thought to myself, who needs all those cameras and such? It's not like I've ever been robbed. The mistake that I made, though, was that you want all the cameras and such so that you don't get robbed in the first place. 

Last month, while I was away enjoying myself on vacation, someone broke into my home without warning. They must have done it in the middle of the night, because none of my neighbors heard anything.

They took my television and my microwave, as well as my collection of golden necklaces. I lost at least fifteen thousand dollars – and because I didn't have a home security system, I couldn't bring the thief to justice. What was even worse was that my home insurance plan would only cover 30% of the value of the lost items because I didn't have any sort of home security system in place – they called it negligence. I thought this was unbelievable, but when home security systems are so easy to purchase and install, I guess they were kind of right. I installed a home security system the very next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment